Monday, October 26, 2009

Hello Everyone.

My name is Nancy. I'm an English major here at Albertus. This is my second online course with Jerry Nevins. I took Digital Photography last Mod. At first I was intimidated by all the blogging, and posting photos, but it was surprisingly easy.
I am really excited to start going to the museums on the syllabus. Part of the reason I decided to take this class is that I've been wanting to take advantage of some of the great institutions nearby, but haven't found the time. I think that this class will give me the opportunity to not only get to the museum, but to be able to better appreciate the pieces. I am the last of four children, and as you can imagine, funds and energy were low by the time my parents had me, so museum visits were few and far between. As a result, I try to incorporate many cultural activities into my weekends with my five year old, Ava, so don't be surprised if you see her in some of my shots!
I am looking forward to getting to know you all better!

4 comments:

  1. My 8 year old will be tagging along too! Welcome to the class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nancy,

    Welcome again! Oh yes, do take Ava along... she will love it... and try to see new work through her eyes as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nancy,
    Great decision to bring Ava along. You will find that a child will notice things in art that you might miss and they are truly honest when giving their opinions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome :) I haven't been to a lot of the museums offered in CT but have heard great things about them.

    ReplyDelete