Thursday, October 29, 2009

Greetings!


Hello everyone! My name is Cheryl Vereen and this is also my second class with Professor Nevins and my second online class. My first experience was so great that I thought I would try another. I am a senior at Albertus and striving to obtain my Bachelor's Degree in the spring. I am a finance major and considering grad school. I have been employed by the New Haven Board of Education as an assistant teacher in the area of special education for 17 years. I have 4 grown children and 6 grandchildren. Getting my degree is something that I have dreamed of for a very long time. When my children were young, we would visit a museum at least three times a year. I truly loved going to museums and wanted to expose my children to it as much as possible. I haven't been able to visit a museum for a long time. This class will give me a chance to catch up and to expand my visits to museums I've never visited. By coincidence, I just went to the Yale Center for British Art Museum yesterday. We took a group of 16 third graders for an hour and a half trip to the museum to expose them to fine art. We had a great tour guide, but was only able to focus on and discuss only three paintings. All three were at least 250 years old. It really takes a day in a museum in order to have a meaningful experience and you still would not get a chance to fully absorb everything in that length of time. I know I will enjoy this experience. I look forward to viewing everyone's posts. You are invited to view my blog at cvereen77-cherylvereen.blogspot.com.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cheryl! I am glad that AMC has given you the chance to get the degree that you always desired - and to visit museums again :) I haven't been to a museum in an embarrassingly long time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cheryl,

    Welcome back! Yes... we get so caught up in the hard work of our daily lives that it takes a situation like this class to make you go back and smell the roses... with your children too!

    Looking forward to working with you again...

    ReplyDelete