Monday, October 26, 2009

Salutations


Hello fellow museum-goers! My name is Amanda Gavagan and this is my second class with Prof. Nevins and my umteenth online class at AMC. I love history and absolutely love going to museums so when I found out that I could go to museums and get credit towards my degree, I was ecstatic. I just read through the syllabus and can hardly wait to start going places.
A little about myself - I am a Humanities major and plan on going to grad school after I graduate in May. I haven't figured out where, but since I work full-time during the day, I will need to find something local and accomadating...which I hope I can do. When I grow up, I want to be a teacher, hopefully high school history. Not Social Studies or the world after 1945 - I am interested in medieval history primarily and anything up to the Reformation and Industrial Revolution.
This pic was taken at this year's Renaissance Fair in Hebron. It was my first of hopefully many Renaissance Fairs.

4 comments:

  1. Amanda, this sounds like the PERFECT class for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amanda! Thanks for posting the picture... what fun... We certainly need good history teachers......Looking forward to seeing your work here this mod!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda,
    Teaching is a wonderful field. Children need great educators who are interested in their well-being and not just there for a paycheck. Good for you for wanting to pursue such a meaningful career.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amanda!

    LOVED the picture! I've been trying to get to a few of the renaissance fairs myself - i have so many friends who work them. Unfortunately, I haven't quite made it yet.

    Looking forward to connecting with you in this class...

    ~Mary

    ReplyDelete